Keyence RV3 Analog Sensor Controller

Hi all!

I'm using one of these little beige boxes to measure a position with laser sensors, and send a "go/no-go" to the SLC. On the back of the box are two inputs, EXT1 and EXT2. According to the manual, you can connect these inputs to GND in a binary format to select from one of four sets of tolerances (HI-LO values).

Well, they aren't working. I contacted Keyence, and they tell me the inputs need to be enabled. There is nothing, repeat, nothing abouot enabling these inputs in the manual. On the tech's suggestion, I tried locking out the front panel with the DIP switch setting, but that did not enable the inputs either.

My question : has anybody ever used one of these before, and if so, how did you enable the inputs? It's possible the inputs are damaged, but since the rest of the unit works fine, I don't believe it's the case.

Thanks!

TM