SCL-500 stange Major error

pablo_660

Hi, I had this major error (558h) about the module in slot 5.
The module is 1746-NI8 and the CPU is SLC-500 1747-L553.
The manual of the module doesn't refer has this fault. So i don't know why this error is occured.
I cleared the fault and the plc is restarted.
I set to 1 the bit S:1/8
Before the plc had running without problem for 6 months.

What do you think about that ?

Thanks

code_faute.jpg

I have just seen this for the first time a month or so ago at a customer that had gone through a strong thunder storm (also on NI8 module). The PLC would stay up for differing amounts of time before faulting. I can only assume that there was some type of damage from lightening that had compromised the integrity of the module, but would allow it to operate for some period of time. We replaced the module and the problem has not been back. I asked them to send it to Rockwell for a diagnosis since they have been having problems loosing analog modules in that control panel anyway. We have not heard back yet if there was any definitive results.

Darren

Fault xx58h means that a specialty I/O module has generated a "generic fault". The card fault bit is set (1) in the module’s status byte.(xx = slot number)

Recommended steps

1. Move the module to another slot
  2. Recycle power
  3. If the problem persists, replace the module
- fuzzy logic

hi

We have a spare module, so we will replace it.

Unfortunatly we can't move the module to another slot, the rack is full..

Thanks so much for your help