PLC5 fault

PSpal

we are using AB PLC 5/40 E .My question is

A)Is it possible to know PLC fault history directly from any status msg.( after the fault has been resetted)

B)If it is not, whether a fault routine can help to save the data so that the fault details transferred to some data files.. If it is so- how to confirm that the data file not being erased during power up(instead of reset if Mr.Bumba reset the power)

You are probably meaning if the CPU has a major fault.

The SLC500 has a "previous major error" status word for just this purpose, but unfortunately the PLC5 does not.

You can program a program file to store the major fault status word S:12 in another data file.
Set S:29 to the program file no to trigger that the program file is run once when a major fault occurs.

Another possibility is to have a HMI log the values of S:12.

No HMI in system.
i just want to confirm if the data words(s:12)are shifted in a new file..the value will remain after plc reset/power recycle..or not