M340 IO Scanner on NOE0100

Chris Taylor

Lifetime Supporting Member
I don't think I can do what I want with this device (M340 2020 processor and NOE0100.2 network card) but I'll ask before I move on,

Scanning modbus TCP works OK, but I have some devices that only have data available as modbus 02 (read input status) rather than 03 (read holding registers) and I can’t see that the scanner can do this.
Is there another way that this PLC can read these values? I have 22 devices each with 9 bits to read, the scanner would have been too easy I suppose.

all the best

Chris

Try a DATA_EXCH block. Not quite as easy as IOScanner, but may work for you. If I recall correctly, you can do any Modbus function with this block. You will have to manage the comms yourself - timers, enable/disable, check for errors, etc.

Robert

Thanks for that, it got me on to the right track, used READ_VAR and eventually worked out all the settings, put in alittle error control and its up and running well

Chris