redlion+profibus? redlion+hart?

Jmartinez

hello everyone.

i was intending to interact my redlion DSP w/ an endress hausser instrument. but this only suports HART and profibus.
i dove in the red lion web page to see if there was some "option card" i could use to get this done.
i found the G3PB which allows me to interact in a profibus net but only as slave (or at least i understood that in my overview), and found nothing for HART.

any of you have coupled redlion+endresshauser? if so, i hope you will share to me (us) the "how" you did it.

thanks.

hello everyone.

i was intending to interact my redlion DSP w/ an endress hausser instrument. but this only suports HART and profibus.
i dove in the red lion web page to see if there was some "option card" i could use to get this done.
i found the G3PB which allows me to interact in a profibus net but only as slave (or at least i understood that in my overview), and found nothing for HART.

any of you have coupled redlion+endresshauser? if so, i hope you will share to me (us) the "how" you did it.

thanks.

Hello,
I can confirm for you that the DSP can act as a Profibus slave only. Also there is no option for the HART protocol.

Unfortunately I don't have an experience with the Endress Hauser

Thanks
Jeremy

There are a couple of Hart to modbus adapters out on the market. I haven't used any if them so I can't speak to reliability of them.

2jeffkiper:

yes, in fact i was reading about some of them (HSM,prosoft,anybus..) i think im gonna go that way.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom