JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone used:
Phoenix Contact
[FONT=1232524E87e3Arial,Bold][FONT=1232524E87e3Arial,Bold]
ILB BT ADIO MUX-OMNI
[/FONT]
[/FONT]Order No.: 2884208

16 IO over bluetooth. I am wondering how well they work. I am thinking about using them in a welding enviroment instead of a 32 wire slip ring. The IO will only be checked prior to welding so I don't have to worry about interferrence.

Any advice?
-Joel

Hi Joel

Yes I,ve used them in a welding enviroment with some success, I,ve also used the Banner wireless I/O units,these control a spot weld gun... The problem with the bluetooth was the weld frequency at times interupted the comms and stopped the i/o unit working, with it being a robot our specification is to have full control of I/O at all times so these were dropped for safety reasons, the banner units at 2.4ghz are above the welding frequency spectrum and as such have no comms issues whilst welding, using link loss on these I can stop the robot and process running for safety purposes if comms ever do drop out for any reason.

Although you say it won,t be looking for the I/O during the welding process, have you got any other welding machines in your enviroment that could affect it or do they all run in Sync ?

Regards

John V

Last edited:
No other items that could affect it. With the style of these cells it just looks that it is ready to weld before welding. Once the cycle starts it will go until it is done. I am not a fan of how they work but it is our standard cell used for years.

Now you say the Banner IO runs at 2.4ghz which is above the weld spectrum. What exactly is the weld spectrum, I am just curious.

Also I don't know if the one I am using is a different model but it is also 2.4ghz.