finding inputs to Panel View 1000

showshocka

I'm looking at my PV's project, and i am also looking at the PLC output commands... integers, bits counters etc.. in the PLC that runs output messages to the PV. how would i see, let's say N22:76 ouput from the PLC to the PV in the PV's project? where would i look in the Panel View to see what message that that particular integer writes to?

First, please specify whether this is a Panelview Plus or a Panelview Standard. It is also a good idea to include the whole part number for any communications related questions.

I'm looking at my PV's project, and i am also looking at the PLC output commands... integers, bits counters etc.. in the PLC that runs output messages to the PV. how would i see, let's say N22:76 ouput from the PLC to the PV in the PV's project? where would i look in the Panel View to see what message that that particular integer writes to?

If you mean you want to see where it is mapped to in the PanelView Project, have a look at the Tag Editor under System. If you Double Click on the Address Column, it will put them in order for you, and then you can Scroll down to that Address.

Stu...

If you mean you want to see where it is mapped to in the PanelView Project, have a look at the Tag Editor under System. If you Double Click on the Address Column, it will put them in order for you, and then you can Scroll down to that Address.

Stu...

Exactly what i was asking. Thanks to the both of you.

ok it boils down to this. this is a case packer issue. I'm looking at N22:76 which is labeled "tape fault" in the PLC project. in the PV it's mapped to, if you will, to "pads low count". is this a programming error? also, neither one is listed on the "statistics" screen with the rest of the faults. i noticed that it is a blank space at the bottom left hand corner. could someone have perhaps deleted a message off of the statistics screen. the case packer does stop on a fault sometimes which I'm believing it's that tape fault because it doesn't display anything when it does. i know that i can just edit that blank space and type anything in there. how would be the best why to fill in that blank space with that N22:76 input when it accrues form the PLC? I'm sure it's a simple on but i am at a lost. thanks

N22:76 is the count of how many times the 'tape fault' has occurred. The name of the tag in the Panelview is probably an oversight. The bit B10:4/12 indicates that this particular fault has happened. It also appears that B3:18/0 is latched on to indicate, possibly to the Panelview, that another fault has occurred.

Are the other faults on the 'statistics' screen showing a count? That's what you would get by posting the contents of N22:76. Unless there is some type of clearing function it will have a number which increments on each occurrence of this fault. Is that what you want to display? Note the other items on this screen to see what they are displaying. That may give you a direction to go.

well, reminding myself of my signature...the original problem is that when the double taped boxes occur the packer and the line does stop, but nothing comes up on the screen to indicate how so.

N22:76 is the count of how many times the 'tape fault' has occurred. The name of the tag in the Panelview is probably an oversight. The bit B10:4/12 indicates that this particular fault has happened. It also appears that B3:18/0 is latched on to indicate, possibly to the Panelview, that another fault has occurred.

Showshocka,

I would create a tag (if it doesn't already exist in your pv program) to monitor B10:4/12, or possibly B3:18/0 if it is indeed a latch bit from your tape fault. Use this tag to trigger an alarm on your alarm display.