A career in PLC

rusty96

Hi I am new to the site and really very new to the world of PLC and SCADA technology and am wondering if you guys can help guide me through some beginner questions. I have had a neck surgery in the last year and therefore will be retraining in the fall. I went to a local tech school here in Oklahoma and they offer an course called "Advanced Manufacturing." It covers some minor welding, machine works and SCADA\PLC class. I am wondering what to expect by going through the training and what type of career field I can enter into. If there is anyone in the Oklahoma City area that I could visit with, please let me know. Thanks to those of you who read this. (Thanks Ron B. for your reply in the practice section. I've watched you on youtube and it helped in peaking my interest.)

....am wondering if you guys can help guide me through some beginner questions.
We will do our best. If you ask politely, and use complete sentences, then you will get more and better answers.

Greetings Rusty ...

here is a link that might help answer your basic question ...

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=16268&view=findpost&p=80635

the part about taking "tech school" courses starts about half way down ... note that I highly recommend taking courses from your local tech school - IF (big IF) you go in with the right game plan ...

does the school you're looking at have a website? ... can you provide us with a link to the PLC course you're thinking about? ... the more details we have, the more detailed our answers will be ...