V11 error uploading V10.5 program

HJTRBO

Hi all,

I get this message when I try to upload a V10.5 program using V11. "The block main cannot be opened because it was created with TIA portal V10.5"

FYI: The steps I have made to encounter the error are as follows:
  1. Create a new project in V11 basic and select an unspecified CPU as the PLC
  2. Connect S7-1200CPU to my network card on my PC (CPU is firmware V1.0 and has a working V10.5 program in memory)
  3. Detect hardware configuration for the unspecified CPU
  4. Compiled project
  5. Saved new project to disk ( I have tried without steps 4 and 5 as well)
  6. Update accessible devices connected to my network card
  7. Right click accessible device “Program blocks” folder and select copy
  8. Right click the new project “program blocks” folder I created in step 1 and select paste
  9. I receive the error message the block “Main OB1 cannot be opened because it was created with TIA portal V10.5”
I downloaded and installed update 2 yesterday. Problem still remains.
Cheers, Nathan

There are no system block in the projects folder.
What the!? Having to update the firmware just to go online for fault finding? Surely the software (backwards compatibilty from V11 to V10.5) isn't that dumb!

Hi Nathan,

Did you have any success in sorting this out yet?
We are in the same boat with a new machine that is kitted out with Siemens hardware.

Hi,I was told that using applications created in v10.5 is not possible if libraries were included.I tried to migrate a few projects without them /simple logic/and it worked....With libraries I had no success...
Nice day...

Hi,I was told that using applications created in v10.5 is not possible if libraries were included.I tried to migrate a few projects without them /simple logic/and it worked....With libraries I had no success...
Nice day...

OK thanks!
Every V11 upload i've done has failed. Based on what you have found all the programs must have a library object. Shame