Red Lion Crimson 3.0 – Revised documentation?

Dyslexicbloke

Hi I have come across a couple of vague references on the web to the fact that Crimson 3.0 has been revised and updated with new or enhanced functions.
Is this actually the case?

If so ….
Where can I find updated documentation or usage examples?
Have there been any changes to the programming language capabilities?

I currently have the documentation supplied with the install …
Manual :- 2.1
Reference 1.0

Thanks
Al

The latest build is 418. I have it installed and the Manual and Reference show the same version numbers that you have.

Red Lion has released new features that are as yet undocumented in these manuals. Hopefully, they will release updated documentation very soon.

Hi thanks for that,
Do you think there is any point in asking Red Lion about undocumented features?

I am new to this and although the Red Lion products and Crimson seem great on the whole I have alreday found several things that I just assumed would be available, given the general scope of crimson, that dont appear to be there.

What I maen is that I am about to build a list box ... Go figure, no list box!
To do it I had planned on using an array dimensioned on the fly in a user program ... o_O

Well I'm allreday on plan C and I havnt started yet.

Ah well, onward and upward, I suppose if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Al

Hello,

Yes sometimes the code gets created faster than we can document the changes. Is there any certain items that you have a question on?

Thanks
Jeremy

Probably loads but as I am not a C expert so my terminology may be a bit off - Sorry
Just a couple of general ones to start with ....

1. Can I break out of a program early or goto a label?
If some condition
{
[skip remaining code] | [goto label]
}

2. What about error handling? if I dynamically refered to an array elliment (TAG) that didnt exist for example, or accidently called programs recursivly causing a stack overflow.
What would happen and can I trap errors like this in any way?

Is there a reference somewher that documents what 'C'like constructs are and arn't supported.

I apriciate that the language is simplified for good reason and I am impressed with what I have learned so far but I keep running headlong into my own preconcettions. Relativly simple stuff like the two mentioned above will not stop me from finding a solution to my task but they generate a lot of head scratching.

I do not expect Red Lion to be teaching me C, or even a derivative of it, but I am feeling a little lost and have no idea where to start reading to educate myself.
The programming tips in the Crimson manual were useful but I get the impression that there is more to know, would that be right?

Thanks
Al

Last edited:
I got a Crimson 3 Reference Manual when I installed the software which details all of the functions. This is separate from the User Manual, which was installed too. This should at least get you started.

I would place a link to the website to download the reference manual but could not readily find it - I am sure it's there, but the download page for C3 has the User manuals and reviewer's guide, but no listed reference manual.

Probably loads but as I am not a C expert so my terminology may be a bit off - Sorry
Just a couple of general ones to start with ....

1. Can I break out of a program early or goto a label?
If some condition
{
[skip remaining code] | [goto label]
}

2. What about error handling? if I dynamically refered to an array elliment (TAG) that didnt exist for example, or accidently called programs recursivly causing a stack overflow.
What would happen and can I trap errors like this in any way?

Is there a reference somewher that documents what 'C'like constructs are and arn't supported.

I apriciate that the language is simplified for good reason and I am impressed with what I have learned so far but I keep running headlong into my own preconcettions. Relativly simple stuff like the two mentioned above will not stop me from finding a solution to my task but they generate a lot of head scratching.

I do not expect Red Lion to be teaching me C, or even a derivative of it, but I am feeling a little lost and have no idea where to start reading to educate myself.
The programming tips in the Crimson manual were useful but I get the impression that there is more to know, would that be right?

Thanks
Al

You can break out by using Return.