Rslogix5000..

ajay34

hai guys....CAN SOME HELP ME

i need help..as i mention before..i could write a ladder PLC
but i m new to this world called scada which run by PC..
here is my problem ..
recently we added a new machine into the plant..i had complete the ladder diagram and use push button to operate an so on..but the big problem now..i didnt have clue how too add graphic off
the machine on the PC with other downsteam machine..
basicly i didnt know how too do it from pc..
well there mircosoft SQL studio, factory talk view and some other thing..
feel; like so dumb left behind on this ;)

Ajay,

Why don't you start with something and ask when you get stuck, read your post again and see, how somebody want to help you.

Step 1. File -> New

Step 2. ..............

what i mean ..how to add on scada..what type of sofaware i need to use .in other word how too edit the scada graphic on the pc..
like i told previsouly im dumb full on scada method.

plc RSlogix5000 which running the plant

Hi Ajay

Is there no one in your plant with HMI/SCADA experience who can help you?

No offense but it sounds like you need some hands on training.
My advice is to get FactoryTalk View which has an integrated help system that is very good as well as several sample programs that you can study and use for ideas. Also get the PDF manual for FTView online.

Next if you can get an experienced programmer to show you how to do a few edits on existing programs, you can build up your skills before attempting to build an application from the ground up.

Once you get started I think you will find the software very intuitive and user-friendly.

Good luck!

FTV Studio edition
Posibly Kepserver 4.5 Not Higher - may not be needed with RS5000
setup the Ethernet - and go for it
Your existing tag file database - should be fairly easy

bmacattack33 ..previusoly this plant was running without HMI or scada ..all plant contol by PLC via control panel ..than we upgrade with my working mate who very good in HMI ..he help me setup alll the HMI and when he left he even crash WINCC which i still waiting to get the help from seimens..so that my problem here..didnt get thru all the HMI ..

i do have factory talk viewrs..but when i open it i can see alot of things like database,tag and so on..when open each folder..dumb struck
i didnt know what have to go from there coz i cant see any graphic at all...even i didnt know what is .MDF FILE mean.

sorry to ask and for being dumb ..where can have the PDF file which could help me .to learn this thing ..i even had request managemtn to find some1 good with HMI but bad new coming ..they want too hang round on it or even take it away..but than i feel it more new and challanging with scada

WinCC is Siemens - do you have siemens only or A mixture of PLC's

we have mix plc on this plant ...mitshubshi,omron,rslogix and siemens..
only rslogix and seimens are using scada based PLC..the rest are using control panel via plc..

hai guys....CAN SOME HELP ME
well there mircosoft SQL studio, factory talk view and some other thing..

This statement....tells me you need to hire someone out to make your changes. Simple PanelView systems you can fudge and get away with it, but if your SCADA is integrated into SQL Server and "some other thing", clearly it's a higher level system. And by your conversation so far, it's way out of your league. No offense, just trying to make sure you are doing the "Right" thing for your company.

Ajay,

For what it's worth, here is the link to the FTView Studio manual for V5.1. I don't know what version you are using, but if it is 5.0 or higher, this manual will more or less universally apply.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um005_-en-e.pdf

This can get you started building a simple panelview system, but I would have to agree with Paully's5.0 that for a complex existing system, you don't want to be cutting your teeth trying to integrate touchscreens into an expensive, functioning machine, because, believe me, you will make mistakes. This can be very costly for your company, not to mention dangerous for the operators of your machine if you are unaware of the unintended consequences your tinkering around may have on the equipment.

Hang back on this one, let the pros handle it, but see if you can get involved and learn something.

i do have factory talk viewrs..but when i open it i can see alot of things like database,tag and so on..when open each folder..dumb struck
i didnt know what have to go from there coz i cant see any graphic at all...even i didnt know what is .MDF FILE mean.

The graphics you are looking for are in your explorer window (The menu's on the left of the screen) under the heading "Displays" If you expand this folder, you will see all your graphic displays, you can open them individually in the larger area on the right of your screen. From there you can click on and edit the properties and connections of the individual objects within the display.

Hope this helps

hai guys ..thanks for all reply ..yes i agree on about let pros doing it but my situation was im the PLC and electrical designer for those machine..and as for my management ..they think every1 can do everything even i explain they not listening ..final word..if u cant do it take it out and make like old panel which i feel like not too coz i wanna learn this thing much now and of coz having pros like u too tell me what worng and rite.
anyway ..i would surely look into this scada thing more n more

I dunno bro...management is a real pain no matter where you are. I don't blame you for being frustrated, but you have to remember that they are paying the bills and they want results. If they want the old system back in you should give it to them...or someone else will.

They will have to upgrade eventually, and if you spend some time practicing with the software on a smaller scale, then you will be ready to be the man when it comes time to move into the 21st century

I have to ask -- HMI reffers to the Touch screens (and Buttons)
But SCADA reffers to Computer control - mainly for remote monitoring or limited controls.
Are you planning to introduce a full Scada system

well bro i think u are rite..maybe it time for me to look forwards to it now..
well as i told before..HMI and scada was an idea of my former waorking mate ..he write the scada and HIm meanwhile i do the PCL and hardwirring job .

btw thanks too all i seem had get it ..able too see the grapich and as percatioun i m just add the graphic and trying to stimulate it before connect to real world machine..hopely it work
and thanks again for the info given to me