protocol for PLC

manas.kichu

hi,
i am new to this site,i have doubt about the PLC protocols,can any one explain me what is meaning of the PLC protocol and how it works and where it is used.Presently i am working on ABB AC500 plc with CoDesys software,šŸ™ƒ(y)

hi,
i am new to this site,i have doubt about the PLC protocols,can any one explain me what is meaning of the PLC protocol and how it works and where it is used.Presently i am working on ABB AC500 plc with CoDesys software,šŸ™ƒ(y)

If you mean communication protocols, these are rules and procedures how the data exchange must take place.
A parallel is if I want to yell at my neighbour 100m away, I would have to see if he's out and to cry with maximal loudness and use Norwegian language. If I whisper or use Mandarin, he wold never answer (= wrong protocol). This was a stupid example, read more on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_protocol

A very common protocol is OPC, if you search it on Wikipedia you'll get info and links.

I don't know which protocol your PLC uses, with a little effort you could certainly find it out yourself.

Kalle