Profibus Repeater Questions for Simatic S7

arocon

I found a profibus repeater is connected with one side connected with one connection and another side is connected with 3 connections. My questions is the repeater amplifying same signal and then it is connected to the 3 connections ? And for all the 4 connection where to terminate end resistor ?

Thanks.

Hi!

Tell us which type repeater.

If it is a Siemens type, the module repeats between upper and lower side. There are double sets of terminals on both sides.
If you have only one cable on the upper side, you must terminate with the switch. Equal on the lower side.
In general: one cable requires termination, two does not.

You will find much info on www.profibus.com Look in the Downloads section.

Kalle

Similar Topics

We are fitting a profibus repeater to a network and I wondered if it matters where it goes. Does it have to be at the farthest point of the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, For that repeater, segment 1 has A1 & B1 and A1' & B1'. Which one is input? A1 & B1? Segment 2 both are output? Am i right? Pls...
Replies
Views
Merry Christmas Guys. Are you still working? Hey, I found something strange here: I create a new project with S7-300, profibus connected 1 ET200M...
Replies
Views
Hi, an overseas customer has a problem with a profibus network. There is one master. The network is segmented into two via a repeater (6ES7...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any one please help me. At this time I at a site for commissioning. Here I got SIEMENS RS485 repeter ( 6ES7 972-0AA010OXA0) AND SIEMENS...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom