How do i use counter in S7-300

google08

Hi , i have a question how to i write this in S7-300

I just started this PLC thing like a hobby for 2 weeks ago, i started with mitshubishi
gx developer. I think i have sit around the computer for 2 days try to figere out how to use counter
in S7-300 and i still dont understand. i just want to count to 10 then there is a signal to output
it take like 3 sec with mitshubishi. But with s7-300 some circiut look like IC with tons of input
and output CU Q CD CV S CD_BCD PV R and some weird input like S5#10s or C#12 , i have read help but still dont get it.

No you don't.
Attached file shows single rung which achieves what you want. (close enough)
I 0.0 going from 0 to 1 will make C 1 count down.
I 0.1 will preset C 1 with a count of 10.
So first you preset, then you count down from 10 to 0.

Why down and not up?
Cause the only way the counter changes its output is when its count goes from and to 0.
So count down from 10, when counter reaches 0, it'll switch it's output.

Why the -|NOT|- ?
This is to invert the counter output. When the counter has a count > 0, it's output is ALWAYS set.

When in doubt, hit the F1 button. The help is quite extensive and quite helpful.

_counter.PNG