Siemens S7-200

Beanie

I need to be able to remotely connect(via Modem) to a s7-200 and retrieve a few register values. Money is not an issue. I have the hardware, and Step-7 software write the ladder. I just need to know what software is needed for monitoring.

Thanks
Jim

I will be usinig the CP241, I really just need to know what software I would need on a remote PC to read the data, no writing. This would be for our customer to use to be able to retrive register values. This is for pencil pushers to monitor the equipment so for them to have the Step7 software would be to much to understand.

Two options I know for this application. One, use the CP241 modem module like you currently plan to use and couple this with the S7-200 OPC server package on your remote PC (check time frame for this OPC server, I think it may be a few months before this is available). This option will allow for you to use a remote application to read/write date from the S7-200. Option number two which I like better is to use the CP243-1 IT module (Ethernet module with built in web server) along with a 3Com (3C886A-US OfficeConnect 56K LAN modem) at the S7-200 site. Then use a standard PC with a modem and web browser to dial into the remote location. You can use HTML and JAVA to setup the screens you want the pencil pushers to look at remotely. The CP243-1 IT supports peer-to-peer, up to 32 emails, 8Mb of memory space for HTML pages, integrated web server, and standard user and system HTML diagnostic pages. You can also use FTP for data exchange. Two options worth looking at for your applications. Good luck