CJ1M-CPU21-E Serial Cable to Program

Cwz90

Dear All,

I bought a Omron CJM1-CPU21 PLC recently and now I want to program it. The PLC brings two serial interfaces (Peripheral and Port). For which of these I can program the PLC using CX-Programmer V5? Which cable do I need to buy to connect it to my laptop? since my laptop dun have the serial port, so i need to buy rs232 cable, right?

i saw from the forum, they say the rs232 cable from laptop need connect to the DB9 before connect to the PLC, is this correct?

thanks, wz =)

Last edited:
you may make the 9 pin cable by the serial port with the PLC communication,(the cable contact PLC - PC ,2-2,3-3,4-8,5-7,9-5),but before the communication set DIP5 is on model .or the buy the CS1W-CN226 cable.

you may make the 9 pin cable by the serial port with the PLC communication,(the cable contact PLC - PC ,2-2,3-3,4-8,5-7,9-5),but before the communication set DIP5 is on model .or the buy the CS1W-CN226 cable.

thx... it is work between my laptop and plc... thanks you very much 🤞🏻

Dear All,

I bought a Omron CJM1-CPU21 PLC recently and now I want to program it. The PLC brings two serial interfaces (Peripheral and Port). For which of these I can program the PLC using CX-Programmer V5? Which cable do I need to buy to connect it to my laptop? since my laptop dun have the serial port, so i need to buy rs232 cable, right?

i saw from the forum, they say the rs232 cable from laptop need connect to the DB9 before connect to the PLC, is this correct?

thanks, wz =)
hello,
I have a omron plc that is the same as your. I concern about if this CQM1-cpu21-e plc can be programmed by using CX-programmer.
hope get help from you!
Thanks a lot!

hello,
I have a omron plc that is the same as your. I concern about if this CQM1-cpu21-e plc can be programmed by using CX-programmer.
hope get help from you!
Thanks a lot!
Yes, it can BUT the CQM-CPU21-E is completely different than the CJ1M-CPU21 in the OP's post.
Make sure you know which one you are working with!

Hello,I used the CQM1H-CPU21 and the CJ1M-CPU21,my laptop the serial prot via rs232 cabale and PLC 9 pin serial port communication (the RS232 cable is i made,the cable contact PLC - PC ,2-2,3-3,4-8,5-7,9-5,but before communication the DIP5 is on mode) or you buy the the CS1W-CN226 cable, the laptop the serial port direct the Peripheral Port

usualy, I program AB PLC by using RSLogix 5000. sometimes I program Omron PLC with CX-one and Siemen PLC.but main PLC is AB PLC.
where are u living, It is hardly to find people from China in this English Forume.
we can share our experience via email. my email address is [email protected], if possible, can I have your email address?
Have nice day!

Hello
I am chinese. Are you used the Rockwell's PLC ?we have used many Rockwell's PLC.

usualy, I program AB PLC by using RSLogix 5000. sometimes I program Omron PLC with CX-one and Siemen PLC.but main PLC is AB PLC.
where are u living, It is hardly to find people from China in this English Forum.
we can share our experience via email. my email address is [email protected], if possible, can I have your email address?
Have nice day!

hello Suboliu:
I living Zhenjiang city Jiangsu province of the China. my email addreess: [email protected].(the yahoo email address will stop,so changed the hotmail email address) I have the pleasure we are exchanged our experience via the email.