Crimson 3.0 Show/Hide

exileaustin

Hi there,

Quick question regarding graphics in Crimson 3.0.
I'm making a Auto/Manual toggle button for a PID loop and cannot figure out how to show or hide the 'Auto' and 'Manual' text based on the bit I will be toggling in the PLC. In Crimson 2.0 it was built into the button properties. Thanks in advance

Austin

Hi there,

Quick question regarding graphics in Crimson 3.0.
I'm making a Auto/Manual toggle button for a PID loop and cannot figure out how to show or hide the 'Auto' and 'Manual' text based on the bit I will be toggling in the PLC. In Crimson 2.0 it was built into the button properties. Thanks in advance

Austin

There are several ways to do this, but here is a quick and easy way. Assume the flag tag name is MyDevice.FlagTag

In the Text Field of the Button type:

=MyDevice.FlagTag.AsText

It will place the values in your Format ON State and Format OFF State as appropriate.

I figured out I wasn't using the 'Add Data' option, I was trying to show and hide two different text blocks based on the high or low value of a bit in my PLC. Seems to be working now, thanks a lot.

I figured out I wasn't using the 'Add Data' option, I was trying to show and hide two different text blocks based on the high or low value of a bit in my PLC. Seems to be working now, thanks a lot.

I'm not sure I understand your response. My solution doesn't use "Add Data".

Of course another solution is to use the Visible property based on a Tag Value. Again, assume MyDevice.FlagTag is tied to the bit in your PLC.

Use "MyDevice.FlagTag" (without the quotes) in the Visible field of the Text Box that you want to show when the bit is true and use "! MyDevice.FlagTag" (without the quotes) in the one that you want to show when it is false.

However, the first solution requires only the button primitive since the Text Field will accept =MyDevice.FlagTag.AsText and display whatever text you assign to the ON/OFF format of MyDevice.FlagTag. You can even use the button to toggle a different bit in the PLC as long as the PLC handles synchronizing them.

And I'm pretty sure I could think of several other ways to do it too.

Yes sorry, I realize you didn't use 'add data', just wanted to let you know I found a solution. I appreciate your response and I think I can use your method in another application that was stumping me! Thanks again