GE Rx3i ProfibusDP master and DP/PA link

bazzab1

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a configuration where we are trying to establish communications between a GE RX3i Profibus master and a Siemens IM 153-2 DP/PA linked together with a FDC 157-0 DP/PA coupler. We have tried a Siemens SITRANS P DS111 PA on the PA side with no success.

The GSD file for the IM 153-2 DP/PA link was generated using the GSD Tool downloaded from the Siemens website which used the GSD file for the SITRANS P DS111. The resultant GSD file was loaded into the GE Profibus master. We also tried this using several other different instruments (Siemens and E+H) GSD’s with the same result.

I feel that the GSD file generated by the GSD Tool may not be interpreted correctly by the Profibus master as when the select module screen is displayed there seems to be spurious selections available (i.e. SIEMENS AG).

To prove our hardware we have successfully configured the IM 153-2 as an ET200M remote IO with a SM321 digital input module connected to the IM 153-2). We could read the input data in the PLC memory.

Dipswitch settings are:

IM 153-2
Profibus DP address (in this case 2)

FDC 157-0
All Off

The modules are linked together with the “U” bus connector supplied with the FDC 157-0.

Has anybody done this or know anything about this configuration ?

Just an update:
We got hold of an S7 300 PLC and successfully set up the configuration using our Siemens PG. The problem seems to point to the GSD file generated by the GSD Tool.