FactoryTalk Background Image

RacerX10

How would I do a background image on a FactoryTalk ME 6.0 display ?

Just something to improve the aesthetics on a control panel (company logo in subtle relief, that sort of thing)

Thanks !

You should be able to do that..
First make a new display, and create your graphic on it. Enclose it in a full display sized box to make things easier (send the box to the background).
Then highlight everything, and group it all together.
Once grouped, control-c and copy the image.
Now go to another page, and paste it on top of everything.
With the graphic still highlighted, go to the edit menu, and select "Wallpaper -> Convert to Wallpaper". Save the display, and re-open it. The wallpaper image should be fixed, uneditable, and underneath everything else on the display.

Note - this can be amazingly fun to do if somebody that doesn't know about the wallpaper option is trying to edit the display later.

Of course you can also do this on an existing display by right-clicking on the pbject.

OG

True, but I usually find it very annoying to work on a large format design object on a screen with other parts on it. Also, by doing the object on a separate screen, it is easy to import into other projects without being bothered by having strange references to tags.