TP070 Siemens Panel display

Preeya

Does anyone know if TP 070 Siemens has color display? I checked the TP designer software and couldn't find any color options. Even a colored bitmap file I import comes only in B&W. But an engineer in my company claims it has color display capabilities.

Please let me know Thanks!

All depends by what you mean by COLOUR !! The couple i've used only support monochrome bitmaps. You are given a choice of BLACK, WHITE, or any other colour as long as it's GREY !!

Not fully up to spec with Siemens products yet, they may also do a colour version of the TP070??

We've used several of the TP070's, and they provide a relatively cheap and basic HMI solution, but it does have limitations.

Hope this helps!

The TP070 is only available in mono. For color you will need to look at the TP170B (6" STN), TP270 (6" STN 256 color), or next year the MP270B (6" TFT 256). The TP070 is a low cost OI solution for S7-200 applications, if you want anything more (like color) it requires moving up to the next family.

Thanks for your replies :D .

I used TP designer software ( ver 1) to download sample screens on to TP 070. My question is.. can I use protools also for programming the TP 070 or is it only for the higher end panel displays like TP 170s.

Thanks again,
Preeya

Preeya

I use Protool V6.0 SP1a and there seems to be no provision for programming TP 070's.

So the answer to your question must be 'no you can't'

Paul

Thanks! Yes I don't think I can use Protools.

In the product specs of TP 070 under color, it says 4 levels of Blue. But I see that I can only create screen in Black, white and grey. Can anyone explain this?