Modbus Implementation with Java

joanna

I am looking for feedback on various Modbus implementation in Java. Can anyone share their experience with FieldTalk Modbus library, jamod, modbus4j, and modbuspal? What are the pros and cons with each library? Is there any other third party library I can look into?

Try control.com whose sister site is the Modbus site.

A Modbus programming question/issue is more likely to get a response there, than here, which is primarily Modbus field implementation of devices already programmed as either a master or slave.

Thanks, glad to hear jamod is working for you. Mine is a "hobby" application, so cost is paramount - and it's hard to beat jamod for that!

But alas, my Modbus TCP/RTU bridge has ceased working, so testing must be suspended until a replacement arrives or tech support can tell me how to reset/reload/reflash it.