VFD with DC link inductor

Jeff23spl

I'm looking for vfd panel design and wondering if VFD built with dc link inductor is common or not ?

I've look inside some of mine and didn't see anything on the board between diodes and igbt but it was tiny drive so i have no big ones availaible to get opened to look inside...

So maybe some of you can tell me about some models having this harmonic filter built in

ABB's ACS550 has a DC bus choke under 400hp and AB's PF400's also have bus chokes.

They are often used in place of input reactors to reduce input harmonics and can do a similar job without the voltage losses of an input reactor. They do not protect the drive front end as well from input transients like lightning.

Similar Topics

Hello, first of all let me state for the record that I'm not a tech of any kind, I have limited experience with industrial automation devices, so...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance for the long post, but this requires a little back story. I work in a facility with a couple hundred VFDs Most are in a web...
Replies
Views
Customer want to use contactor for their 5HP motor blower application. im leaning to VFD. anyone use contractor for blower application...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to assemble a simulator/practice booster pump system that uses PID to maintain steady water pressure under various outlet demands...
Replies
Views
Hello, It is mandatory to use VFD IF i use IE5 electrical motor? What happens If connect it directly as delta without VFD? Please look at motor...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom