Failed to Run Tag Config Server

wolosyn

Hey guys, I made some changes to an rslogix 5000 program to incorporate HMI and field I/O. I compiled a new runtime file for the new HMI program (the computer used to program, Upload, Download is also used as the HMI) When I restart the computer and attempt to load the new runtime file, it prompts me with the following message before shutting down RS Station..

"Failed to Run Tag Config Server" with no other error information.

Has anybody ever encountered this?

Please help, Thanks!

what opc server are you running and what version is it.
If it is 'KEPserver' then no greater than V4.5

do you have an OPC server running? or are you running a simulator?

This is what you generate your PLC tags with
If you are running kep server there is a quick check function which will enable you to confirm communication is correct

OPC, not simulator. The new tags are showing on both the newly modified PLC program as well as the newly modified HMI application. There is obviously good comm. To the PLC.

what OPC server are you running what is it's version?

Also have you re-initialised it?

AB Link Classic Professional vrs 2.51.00.21
AB EtherNet IP server

Idk if this is what you're asking. My terminology is lacking when it comes to OPC... I understand it is a language comm B/W devices.

Nothing has changed since the last HMI modifications

Also, If I test application, there is an "unable to compile __.gfx into the runtime file" prompt, aking to continue yes/no.

Thanks

I assume you have not used the computer as a HMI Before - with this answer.

You need to run a program like kepserver there is an rslinx server - Someone else can help you with that.

the Kepserver verson needs to be 4.5 or less.
with this you setup the e/net IP address for the HMI to talk through the e/net.
rslinx does not handle this side of the comunications

kepserver is free to download.

I have set FV SE to talk to Twido PLC with no problems.
And noticed that there is an RS opc server setting available
I have not used it yet - but that is probably the right one for you.

go for the online help to set up the server - this is the problem you are having

Thank you, I'll give it a shot... Yes, I personally haven't used a/this PC as a HMI, but it is currently running as an HMI with an older runtime Op. interface. Maybe there is already such a program on the PC