FactoryTalk App not working since installing RSLINX

RacerX10

So I have a factorytalk me application running on a PC (xp) that has been working great until I installed RSLinx classic single node on there to get a DDE to MS excel function going (on the same PC)

Now the factorytalk app doesn't communicate with the PLC any more and I get a popup at startup that says "could not set rslinx enterprise data server configuration" with F7 to continue or F8 to exit.

I suspect some sort of issue about it being compiled on the Studio PC which has rslinx "enterprise" but running on the target pc which has rslinx "classic single node" .. don't know how to resolve that though.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Found problem .. you need BOTH RSLinx Enterprise *and* RSLinx Classic installed to do what I'm doing.

One important thing to be aware of is that FactoryTalk View uses largely the same mechanisms to identify OPC and FactoryTalk Live Data servers (Classic and Enterprise, usually).

This can be used as a trick to swap between Classic and Enterprise for some unusual driver connectivity, but I don't recommend it.

Be certain that you do not have an RSLinx Classic OPC Topic and an RSLinx Enterprise Shortcut with the same name. FTView will get confused.