ML1400 usage with HMI(c-more)

John shui

Hi friends,
I have some questions here. I hope someone can give me good answers soon.
1. What does the"processor node" work for? If there are 3 ML1400s and 3 HMIs hook up together by hub(LAN), what number of the nodes can be assigned to each of them? Can the number keep the same between any of two?
2. Without the simulate function for RSLogix, how can we debug the programme in offline mode?
3. I use C-more to transfer file to HMI and upload the file to my laptop by LAN. How can I use my laptop as a HMI to control my PLC online?
4. I tried to put "RET" instruction in one of my ladder file except lad #2, it passed the "vertify". When I downloaded it to PLC it was rejected. Error "navigate" something showed in the result window. What's that meaning? How can I fix that? If some programme passes "vertify", but there is still something wrong in somewhere, how can we do to remove the mistake before we download the programme into PLC?
Thanks

1. See exert from help files. Sence you are using Ethernet you can disregard this.

Processor Node
Enter the node number assigned to the processor you wish to communicate with. DH-485 comms supports up to 32 nodes (entered in decimal 0-31) and DH+ comms supports up to 64 nodes (entered in octal 0-77). When you are communicating to a MicroLogix controller directly, this does not apply.
2. You can use RSEmulate500 for this. See link below Note not all instruction are supported.(see pdf below)

http://www.ab.com/linked/programmablecontrol/plc/micrologix/downloads.html

3. I am not familiar with C-More HMI

4. Post your code ,it's .rss file ( zip it first)tell us which ladder file and rung the "RET" is in.

Last edited: