ABB 800M PLC Controller

throughput

Looking for information on the ABB 800M series PLC, specifically the PM851 CPU. The CPU comes with an ethernet port . I cannot determine the communication protocol available through this port. ABB offers a communication module for Modbus TCP called the CI867 which can be installed with the PM851 CPU. I am trying to determine if communication to an Allen Bradley PLC using the Modbus TCP Protocol is possible throught the Ethernet port on the CPU or if the communication module is required. What protocol(s) does the Ethernet port on the CPU use?

Are drivers available for Wonderware SCADA software to communicate with the ABB PLC.

Any information would be appreciated.

I assume you have the software to program this, Compact Control Builder. It comes with an OPC server and depending on how old your version of Wonderware InTouch or the Application Server there should be several methods for connecting to an OPC server. (OPC proxy objects, a DA server, FactorySuite Gateway, etc)

Darren