DirectSOFT 5 HELP PLEASE

sonofsiemen

I am creating a program that will end up flashing a light when a switch(input) is in a certain position and stop flashing when the switch(input) is in another position. I am already monitoring the switch(input), which is X1. My question is, how can i flash a light on and off???? By using a timer???? Or how do i go about this? Thanks for all the help!!!

I bellieve there is a one second on/off pulse bit built into the PLC, one of the SP bits I beileve. I don't have a manual handy, but if you call tech support they can give you the answer in a jiffy.

Sp4???

I am kindly new to this... what is the SP4 and how do I go about including it in my program to control the light? Thanks again! I am using a DL06 PLC too if that helps any.

What is the SP4, and how do I go about including it in my program to control the light?
SonofSiemen,
SP4 is actually one of the Special Relays (not just a contact). In other words, it is a relay output that is controlled by one of the PLC internal clock bits. You should use it just like any other internal relay.

AD Special Relays.jpg

Last edited:
SonofSiemen,

| SP4 A CERTAIN INPUT FLASHER |
|---| |-----------| |------------(L1)-----|
| |