Save Data in PLC

fpaezp

Hi everybody,

I have a doubt o_O. I will program a PLC but I'm not secure if the values the word "N7:0" be deleted in case of a power failure or shut down. I need to keep these data!. how make this?

Thanks in advance

PD: I'm programming in Rslogix500 :)

if the data does not change than simply program a 1st scan pulse to load the data into N7:0
Otherwise
the data table will remain in the event of a power failure.
You do need to alert people if the batery is low.

As long as the Battery is in good condition, Data in the N7 File will be retained through a power failure. I have seen the Data retained in a SLC500 for several months without power.

Stu....

Most data table values in SLC and MicroLogix controllers are "rententive" during a power cycle. The controller battery keeps the RAM memory running during power cycles for many months.

The Input data table and the Status data table (I1 and S2) are managed by the controller operating system so they are not considered "rententive".

Any data table element that is written to by ladder logic will have its value determined by the user program.

But all other values are rententive.

There are some subtleties to this issue, including the use of nonvolatile memory devices (EEPROMs) and the way in which some HMI devices implement powerup values.

But in general if you write a value into N7:0, then turn the controller off and walk away, when you turn the controller back on the same value will still be in N7:0.