Linx Enterprise not automatically recovering

BillRobinson

Here's the deal,

Running FTV 5.10 on XP via VMWare (from W7).

After I restore a lost Ethernet connection I do not automatically restore comms to my SE client. The only way to restore comms on the client (other than a complete windows reset) is to manually stop and start the Linx Enterprise Service in windows service manager.

It only appears to be the Linx Enterprise is giving me issues. I can ping the controller, go to the webpage, run Linx Classic, run Logix5000, etc.

Anybody else have this same problem or have any suggestions how to fix this annoyance?

I haven't experienced this specific issue, so a set of framing questions:

Is this an SE Standalone system, or is this just the SE Client running on VMWare ?

Is the SE Server on a physical machine or another VM ?

Is the Ethernet disconnection between the VM and the Host, or between the Host and a physical Ethernet network ?

Describe a little about how you have virtual network adapters configured between VMWare and the host.

Everything is on the same VMware XP machine. This is a network app but I'm in the testing/development stage; I'm launching SE Client directly from FTV studio.

The network adaptor on the VMware machine is set up a NAT connection, and the disconnections are be caused by unplugging the network cable on the VMWare host (which is the same laptop as the VMware xp machine).