OT: Quad Monitors in WinXP?

MikeW

Has anyone set up four monitors under WinXP SP3 on a Dell PC? I got a request yesterday for this from one of my users and my IT guy gave me a deer in the headlights look when I asked him if it was possible. I Googled but didn't find anything other than there is an NVidia quadro NVS 420 card option available for the Dell 780 that we have but not whether it's supported by WinXP or just by Win7.

Thanks for the feedback, I figured it could be done, just wanted to have some facts in case I get "It's too hard/ I can't do it" from IT.

That USB unit is slick for $80, makes me want to get one for my desk so that I can have 3 monitors on it and become the envy of others in my department. Or as an old Dilbert cartoon had when he found out he wasn't getting a raise but instead was offered another monitor: “BU-WA-HAHA”

Yeah, I've used some of the cheaper usb ones, the refresh rate doesn't fly at high res. Screen tearing like you wouldn't believe.

I like the Ati card for my desktop setup(1920x1080 x4), but for a fairly static display the usb ones work a treat.

This is very interesting and recently I needed something like this.
If I understood good, on each monitor there can be different picture and if I want to have three monitors connected, I need to order three USB adapters, right?

This is very interesting and recently I needed something like this.
If I understood good, on each monitor there can be different picture and if I want to have three monitors connected, I need to order three USB adapters, right?

That's the way that I understand it. For my application I'm going the quad video card route as they say they need 3 now but they will want another one eventually.