GE fanuc 9030--network

Good Day Guys!

Just want to ask something regarding networking PLCs...
We have here 5 PLC... in their CPU374 modules.. an RJ45 connector is connected to their port 1. all PLCs also have IC693PBM200 module (profibus master) connected to slaves like ABB drives.
I currently read the manuals but I have no background with networking PLCs. Sorry for my being "noob":oops:

Here are my questions:

1.) Are PLCs networked by connecting each PLC to a switch or router? Or are PLCs networked much as like as Computer did? (networking computer)

2.) I thought the IC693PBM200 is the one communicating with other PLCs. Is it true?

3.) When I checked the %Gs of each PLCs I saw different variables. meaning %Gs of each PLC were different from the others.
Is that true that %G are the data that are shared by one PLC to another? then, why was that?

4.) How can I share a data from PLC1 to PLC5. example is %R0001 of PLC1 will be used by PLC5?

Thank you for helping...:geek:

Any help will be highly appreciated.:geek:

More Power Guys!

Thanks

Vryle,20,Philippines.

1.The physical layout of the interconnecting cables is less important than the code inside the PLCs that drives the communications.

2. If each PLC has a Profibus master module, then they're not sharing data with each other over Profibus. A Profibus master reads and writes data to the slaves on the network. You should be looking at the documentation for your system. There should be a drawing somewhere that details the Profibus networks and the devices populating them.

3. %G memory is just an area of the PLCs memory. In order for that data to be shared among multiple PLCs there would need to be code in each PLC making that sharing happen.

4. Based on what little you have told me about your system, I would suggest you read up on Ethernet Global Data. It is a method by which you can set up continuous data transfers among multiple PLCs over your ethernet cabling. That's assuming all PLCs are interconnected and the cable attached to that RJ45 connector isn't just running point to point between the PLC and an HMI panel.