Compactlogix Channel 0

cornbread

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm trying to talk to a Compactlogix using channel zero. In RSlinx I have my USB 1747 driver set up and it auto configures just fine, however when I got to Who Active, I see nothing. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using RSlinx classic lite 2.57.00.14

Make sure the Auto-browse box is checked, or click Refresh, for RSLinx to try to browse the device.

Strictly speaking any point-to-point connection should ignore the Source and Destination bytes, but you might try configuring RSLinx Classic as a node address other than 0.

Aha... are you using a 1747-UIC ? Those are for DH485 protocol, which the CompactLogix supports but it's not the default.

The Autoconfigure, in that case, is the DF1 driver in RSLinx talking to the UIC device itself. There are specific configuration requirements for the 1747-UIC.

It's more likely that you need an ordinary USB/RS232 converter to connect using DF1 Full Duplex protocol to the CompactLogix.