How can i change the cpu using the existing program S7 300

maruli

Hello,

I would like to ask your assistance regarding the programming of PLC. The program “XXXXXX” had been installed. The PLC cards were as follows:

Look untitled1.jpg

Now, if the PLC cards changed, the CPU 316-2DP 6ES7 316-2AG00-0AB0 card replaced with the CPU315-2DP 6ES7 315-2AH14-0AB0 card and the communication card6ES7 340-1CH00-0AE0 replaced with the 6ES7 340-1CH02-0AE0.

Look untitled2.jpg

I would like to ask you whether I can install the program “XXXXXX” again by inserting the new cards (e.g. going to HW Config window, right mouse button on CPU 316-2 DP 6ES7 316-2AG00-0AB0 and inserting the existing CPU card, i.e. CPU 315-2 DP 6ES7 315-2AH14-0AB0 and doing the same for the communication cards from 6ES7 340-1CH00-0AE0 to 6ES7 340-1CH02-0AE0. Will the program run correctly if I re-install it or not?

Thanks for your time

untitled1.jpg untitled2.jpg

Do you manage to compile the 'untitled2' config with all the ?s
icon5.gif

I suspect you don't have an updated HWcatalog.

Regarding the HWconfig and CPU, you can (at least; I can) drag and drop the 315 over the 316. The same goes for the 340s. Then you'd keep the program catalog as is.

The program code should be equally executed in both CPUs if you check the interrupt OB's scan time, offset, and priority.
Edit: Better; check all CPU tabs and make them equal to the old CPU.

Kalle

Last edited:
Thank you very much Kalle for your help. I already manage to update the HWcatalog and eliminate all the "?".

Regarding the HWconfig and CPU, you can (at least; I can) drag and drop the 315 over the 316. The same goes for the 340s. Then you'd keep the program catalog as is.
No, you cant drag and drop a 315 on a 316. To be able to do that the CPU types have to be same type and generation.

1. Take a note of all the settings on the 316 CPU.
2. Check if any connections have been set up in NetPro.
3. Delete the 316 CPU. The attached DP slaves (if any) will be orphaned. Say no to deleting the user program.
4. Insert the 315 CPU.
5. Recreate the CPU settings from the 316.
6. Recreate the NetPro connections (if any).
7. Attach the orphaned DP slaves to the master system on the new 315 CPU.
8. Save and compile.
9. Locate the old user program, whch can be found as a seperate entry in the root of the project tree. Copy-paste everything from this blocks folder to the blocks folder in the new CPU.
That should be it.

No, you cant drag and drop a 315 on a 316. To be able to do that the CPU types have to be same type and generation.

Hi, Jesper!

Either are you wrong, or I have a very adaptive version of the HW-manager (5.4.4.6).

If you could try to swap exactly the MLFBs mentioned, it would be interesting to know the result.

Kalle

Kalle, you are right.
After some testing with several CPUs I conclude that you can actually drag-and-drop CPUs even if they are significantly different. It seems that the new CPU just have to have at least the same functionality as the old CPU.
Not sure if STEP7 has become more forgiving than it used to be.
I am surprised that even a 315 can replace a 316, despite that the 315 uses a MMC and the 316 uses an MC card.

Kalle, Jesper, thank both of you .

The version of s7 that i use is V5.4+SP3+HF1, revision level K5.4.3.1

At the old (existing) program I make right click at 316 and replaced with the new 315 and I make the same for 340. When i check all CPU tabs to make them equal as you suggested the problem is that i have differences in tabs (more tabs at new cpu but I think is normal). Also in interrupt OB's i can't do any change because they are all frozen. Look the attached photos.
If I leave like that and re-install it will the program run or not?
Any suggestion?

new programe 1.jpg new programe 2.jpg old programe 1.jpg old programe 2.jpg

If I leave like that and re-install it will the program run or not?
Any suggestion?

It seems like OB81 is not existant in your new CPU. Check if it exixts in your program!

Your new CPU is much faster than the old. So you must check the programs if there are timing based on OB1 cycle counting. It is not uncommon to count cycles to get certain signal/action delays in the program code.

Kalle

I don’t understand exactly what are you mean at the tab cycle/clock memory I have (Look photos)
And at folder programme/sources/OB1 I have (Look photos)

Cycle clock memory NEW.jpg Cycle clock memory OLD.jpg ob1 new.jpg ob1 old.jpg

I don’t understand exactly what are you mean at the tab cycle/clock memory I have (Look photos)
And at folder programme/sources/OB1 I have (Look photos)

You have opened the OB1 from the Sources folder and it looks like it is empty. You shold NOT compile from the source folder before you know that the contents are valid and equal to the OB1 running in the old CPU. The same is valid for all other sources blocks.

Before you do anything else:
Make a bacup of the old offline project (save as).
Copy all blocks from the CPU to the backup.
Compare the new projects' blocks with the CPU and with the backup you just made. OB,FC,FB should be equal, DBs should have the same length, but the living contents of the DBs will be different.

Could you go to the Blocks folder and post the contents of OB1 and OB35?

Ad what I wrote about timing; I'll come back to that when I've seen the contents of OB1 and 35.

Kalle

Hello to all
First I want to thank you for your response to the problem that I encountered.
That I did it was at the existing program insert the new card and then download it to plc.
The plc operated normally without problems.