Zen Omron counters

kitchsha

I've programmed SLC 505s and Micrologix 1100 and am now trying to write a simple program on the ZEN OMRON. When an input is triggered I want to increment a counter. So the first time it hits the eye, it counts 1, the second time 2 etc. I don't have any documentation on this thing though. I normally would use an OSR instruction so that the counter would only increment once when it hit the eye. I don't see anything like that with this ZEN though. Is there a way to simulate this? Maybe it's so different I don't need to??

this is not much help yet
I am trying to get a copy of the zen software.
I have a memory of being able to set the contact as a Dif UP or Dif Down.
Omron does not need to have a specific ONS contact like AB
which I think is a good thing.

I have checked the software
Use a Timer as a one shot pulse
it is one of the timer otpions

I've programmed SLC 505s and Micrologix 1100...I normally would use an OSR instruction so that the counter would only increment once when it hit the eye.
A one-shot is not necessary when using Allen-Bradley counters. I expect that it isn't required with the ZEN either.

The Omron ZEN Programmable Relay does not use the Omron CX-Programmer software. The ZEN software is totally different.

Wire your trigger input to the first line of the ZEN Counter Input. To count UP, no input is needed on the second counter line, but to RESET, you need an input wired to the 3rd line. See the Omron ZEN manual, page 70.

ZEN Counters.jpg

Last edited:
I've programmed SLC 505s and Micrologix 1100 and am now trying to write a simple program on the ZEN OMRON. When an input is triggered I want to increment a counter. So the first time it hits the eye, it counts 1, the second time 2 etc. I don't have any documentation on this thing though. I normally would use an OSR instruction so that the counter would only increment once when it hit the eye. I don't see anything like that with this ZEN though. Is there a way to simulate this? Maybe it's so different I don't need to??
Link to Documentation:
http://www.ia.omron.com/data_pdf/data_sheet/zen_ds_csm106.pdf
Link to one supplier for Zen-Soft Software, if you prefer using that instead of the keypad:
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/1106977-software-zen-control-cd-ver4-zen-soft01-v4.html
Link to 30 day Trial version of software:
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=85

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Now that I've seen how they're actually used, I'm embarrassed by how easy it is. I appreciate everyone's help.