GE fanuc 9030 EGD

Just want to ask why does this thing happened, any idea?

I am trying to share a data (%R) from PLC1 to PLC2 their are networked through LAN cabling.
In EGD (ethernet Global Data) I configure an existing Produced Data, I add the desired data to be shared (%R100) and then download it. Since we have no server, I manually configure the Consumed Data in PLC2, creating new variable with the same name and then add it to the consumed data. after that, I download the program.

But it doesn't work. it displayed an "X" mark on the PLC status.I think it doesn't update the sharing,,
Please help me.. Thank you very much

P.S. I had read the manuals and the used help on companion :nodi:

Did you download both the prgram and configuration? The PLC must be stopped to download configuration. The "X" indicates a mismatch between the project in your PC and what is actually in the PLC. In the lower right hand corner of the screen you can see whether the mismatch is in the program or the hardware configuration.

Sir steve just want to clarify

Thanks sir, it indicates mismatch, yes i downloaded it on both PLC (PLC1 and PLC5). I downloaded it while the PLC is in the run state, Thank you very much sir, Ill try to download it in stop mode.

Sir steve, just want to confirm this action.
PLC 5 has the data %R100 (speed) and need to be shared to PLC 1.
I add %R100 (speed) to the "existing" produced data of PLC 5 (because the original programmer created it), configure it.
And then, Do i have to create also %R100 with the same name of "speed" to PLC 1? before I add it to Consumed Data in the existing "consumed data of PLC 1?.

Thank you very much for your reply Sir.

It doesn't have to be at %R100 at the consumer end. Doing so just makes it easier to follow. Your EGD configuration at the producer end sets up a block of data being transmitted. The EGD configuration at the consumer end tells the consumer to expect that block of data from the producer and also defines where in the consumer's memory to store it.

BTW, you don't need to send me a private message every time you have a question. I monitor the site regularly and reply as my time permits. Sending a PM will not cause me to respond any faster.

Last edited:
ahh, so maybe the original programmer just used the same address for make it easier to understand?
here; he configure it as %R0991 in PLC1(producer) and %R0991 also in PLC2(consumer).

Last edited: