ML 1500 program lost

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi guys we had a problem with our ML 1500 (LRP). The ML is connected to a PV 600 standard thru DH 485 channel 1. The PV gave a fault “no nodes found on network” I connected to the ML and the program was gone. The ML did not fault out but instead had the attached program I was able to download and post. The ML also has a memory module That I would think the PLC should boot from if there is a fault attached is the program and the screen shot of the processor status Mem Module. Any help as how this could have happen and why the PLC did not fault out, as well as where did the program come from? Thank You

ML Fault.jpg

Attachments

• ML1510.zip
    10.4 KB · Views: 25
See pdf below for what the memory module status bits mean.

As far as losing it's program, check grounding and make sure all
inductive loads have surge protection.

Thanks mickey. any idea on why the processor would not fault out? insted it had the attached program stored in the processor?

The file you posted had no program at all. Other then the channel configuration it is a defaulted processor.

Just a guess because I've never used a memory module in a ML1500, but is it possible the program was never copied to the memory module and when the processor had an error the blank program got copied from the memory module?