Omron Cj1m

rbautomacao

Hi all,

Im attempting connect to a Omron CJ1M with my computer using host link. I made some research about the host link and then tried send some ASCII codes to Plc. However, when i sent determined frame i'm receiving the same frame. Someone knows what might be happenig ? Just for information, i tried many differents ASCII codes and nothing.

Thanks for the help !

Assuming you are using CX-one -
what is your aim
Are you using usb-rs232 converter?

Hi,

I'm not using cx-one. I want monitor some output from plc using a SCADA open-source. It is possible with host link ?

For serial connections im using a serial-ip conversion and at computer im creating a virtual port based on ip.

I realley dont know if im doing the right thing ....

Thanks for any help !

I am not sure - Not done this this way before.
Most open source systems use a version of modbus.
this is normally only able to talk to certain memory areas not directly to Inputs or outputs.
you will need to setup the hostlink port - and you will need CX-One to do this.

Ok,

But the CJ1M base unit supports modbus ? I took a look in some cj1m materials and some put that is necessary a separeted module to support modbus ? Is it correct ?

If the base unit supports modbus without the requeriment of buying a new module then its great because the scada open source supports the modbus protocol.

Thanks in advance !

I believe you, but it is out of my knowledge band - sorry
As I said Modbus talks to a specific area - not the normal Inputs and Outputs. You need to know these areas and program the PLC to use them.

Hi,

Just to clarify, looking for host link cj1m in internet, i found that is possible to communicate the pc with plc just using the serial port over sending FINS commands ... is it right ? I really need a cx-one to do that ? I need a special serial cable ?

Like i said, i want to monitore some outputs and inputs. Host link permits this ?

Thanks for any light ...

fins is for omron specific protocol and proibably wont work with your application

You can use either Hostlink OR FINS for Serial communications from any computer/device to READ/WRITE data with a CJ processor.

There are plenty of examples discussions and code examples at MRPLC.COM. Look under OMRON Downloads. You will need to register [free]before downloading examples.
Make sure to download a copy of the W342-E1-15 CS_NSJ_CJ_CP Communication Commands manual. This is the "Bible" for Serial Comms. you will need.

I personally prefer FINS as it appears faster,has less restrictions on data transfer size and is easier to service across multiplatform networks.

Your choice. Just remember that for Hostlink you MUST, MUST, MUST set the PLC in Monitor mode if you wish to write data to the PLC.

Hi,

I was reading the W342-E1-15 and some things are not so clear to me. This document says that i could use Fins commands with host link. What i understand is that Fins commands are the messages that is sent when using host link....

Well, i think that i had to read more ...

Just to clarify...

Text taken from the reference manual FINS...

"FINS commands can be used for communications in three different types of network: Host Link, SYSMAC NET, and SYSMAC LINK."