S7 - Basic: Variable in Button Text

junior

I'm using S7-basic and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way I can display the value of a variable in the text field of a button?

So far, the only way I could figure it out is to put an invisible button over an I/O field. This is a pain in the a*s though.

TIA
Jr

Junior,

Usually there are display boxes for variable values, so that you would not normally use a button text box to show variables. It is always easier to use the program as designed, instead of trying to find loopholes.

I have 50 counters to display and reset, so I need the button to display the counter value from the PLC and the press action of the button to reset it. I agree it's better to use the program as designed and I'm very surprised that Siemens would leave out such a basic function. That said, I haven't been able to find a way to display the variable value in the text of the button.

That said, I haven't been able to find a way to display the variable value in the text of the button.
Can you display the variable in a box next to the button? You can use one box to display value of counter, and a second one to show variable value.

That's basically what I'm doing. I have a I/O field and over the top of it I have an invisible button. To do this for all 50 counters is a pain in the arse and not efficient use of my time, so I'm looking if there is a better way, but I'm not getting my hopes up :D

Junior, use a faceplate...if the basic version will let you. So much easier

The basic version is just that very basic, so it won't let you use a faceplate.

@moggie, that's exactly what I ended up doing.

Just a hint: to know if it's possible to enter a variable in a text field, right click in the field, if the option is not there, it's not possible.
Alarms for example, do have the option.

And yeah, the basic version is very basic, only way to lower the price I guess.