S7 - Basic: SetTag with Multiplexing

junior

I'm trying use the SetTag function of an Button Event to set a value for a tag that's multiplexed, but the software gives an error. Is there any workaround without programming the indirect addressing into the PLC?

What do you mean by a "tag that's multiplexed"? Do you mean one that is used for many different functions at different times?

I mean the tag writes to different addresses in the PLC depending on what the value of the multiplexing index is. This is setup under HMI variables->multiplexing.

It sounds like one of the HMI multiplexed addresses does not exist in the PLC memory, or is locked out so that the HMI cannot write to it.

The addresses are in the PLC memory because when you setup multiplexing in the HMI you pick the various addresses you want to write to. The problem is that under the event options of the button, when selecting the SetTag function the software won't let you use a multiplexed tag.

Hi I beleive you can not use buttons as multiplexed. What I did last time was to use a single button, and in the code, use the button tag and the multiplex tag value to drive M bits

So something like this

if button=1 and multitag=0 then M.0=1
if button=1 and multitag=1 them M0.1=1

etc

Not sure what you mean by "in the code". The basic version doesn't allow any scripting or at least I haven't found any way to do it. Thanks for the help, but I ended up doing what I needed in the PLC code instead of the HMI