SST PFB in CLX configuration Tool

bcharlye

In a 1756 Controllogix(CLX) chassis there is a SST Profibus module, i have the configuration Software for CLX but do not know or have the configuration tool to program the SST Profibus (DP or PA) card. i need some assistance.

You can download the software free at the SST / Molex Website. You can get a pinout of the cable also but i think it is standard Null Modem cable.

There are 2 major versions of this software to be concerned with but i think the newest release programs the first and second gen cards.

The way comms to the card and getting info accross the backplane is different in the Gen 2 cards and much easier to setup. Molex / SSt has great support for these and free.

I would give them a call. They have some good application examples using contrologix also.

Download the manuals from sst site. They should help. To connect the software i use a serial rs232 null modem cable. Also put your processor in program mode before downloading or uploading

Another consideration is what Windows OS you are using.
For the serial comms between your PC and the PFB scanner you have to use Hyperterminal or some other telnet software. Hyperterminal is not available in Vista, not sure about Win 7, though.
Also make sure you shut down RSLinx before trying to communicate if you have a serial driver installed as it will hog your COM1 port.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Bmac