Step 5 Version 3.2

Iman

Hi,
I've got an old PG710 which step 5 version 3.2 was installed on it and I must work with it to communicate with PLS s5 135u. I need some help to work with this pretty old software:(.The worst problem is the language.All the menus and submenu are written in German. Does anybody have the English manual of this pretty old software?

This is going back a bit but there may be some ini file that selects the language, check in the s5 directory but if it is a german machine it may only have the german language installed, also can't remember but you may be able to set up the language from S5 on the startup ini
So long ago now but I'm sure there are others that remember how to do it

May be you consider to upgrade your Step 5? This version has English interface:

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/18177672

Thank you for the post, but how can I upgrade that old version?
Readme file has said that the older version should be version 7.X but my version is 3.2. Any way, the other problem is how to download the update in to the PG710? I think I should several floppy diskettes

This is going back a bit but there may be some ini file that selects the language, check in the s5 directory but if it is a german machine it may only have the german language installed, also can't remember but you may be able to set up the language from S5 on the startup ini
So long ago now but I'm sure there are others that remember how to do it

Is it possible for me to find this INI file in any other places in the internet?

The ini file will be with the source code assuming you have it this is loaded with the project so will have the same filename if I remember correctly the file structures are something like
Theproj1.s5d, Theproj1.seq Theproj1.ini & so on.
Again it's so long ago but I think there is a way in S5 to set the language, printer etc, however if it is in German you will need to interpret it.