ControlLogix 1756-L61 REV.17.2

Christoph

Good morning all.
I needed some data from another system so I set up a message block in the controllogix to read 3 words. When programming I copied a MSG block pasted into new rung created all the required tags, changed all the attributes in the new MSG block and it worked. Was getting my data. The next day The block I copied had all the atributes that I entered into my new MSG block and the new one was errored out. I cahnged the info back in the old msg block and it was ok. My new msg block however will not work. none of the control bits will toggle and the msg block will not work. Any ideas????

-first thought is check the path to the target processor
-the second is it seems to me the message control tag must be a controller tag. I could be wrong on that though.
-you are messaging similar datatypes?

A screen print could help....

Message type =PLC5 typed read
source= n102:2
elements= 3
destination= N102_2_msg_read tag in an INT (3 deep)
MSG control word= N102_2_MSG_read0

Christoph that looks correct...
I just copied some working CK5K to PLC5 msg's to make it not work. The only thing I found was the CL5K Destination Tag must be a controller tag and must have the [0] after it.
"N102_2_msg_read tag[0]"
I hope that helps....

It sounds like, when you copied and pasted, you did not create a new MESSAGE type tag (labled "Message Control" in the instruction block) to control this new instruction. If you did not then both of the messages, the one you copied from and this one, are trying to use the same controlling element. Each MSG instruction must have its own unique "Message Control".

Ok! It appears my problem was I had the main tag name in the destination and not the first word [0] seems to be working fine now
THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!