Process control

EIRCHYD

I am building a 20Kw diesel generator set and would like to monitor the voltage and frequency using an AB 5/04. Any suggestions? Although I am a welder / fabricator as well as a fluid power technician, I am familiar with AB PLC's and programming.

If you just want to monitor the parameters, there are plenty of voltage/power/current/frequency transducers to pick from. I have had good luck with Ohio Semitronics transducers. Wire the output of the transducer (0-10v, 4-20mA, whatever it may be) into an analog input card set to match whatever the transducer is putting out. Scale the input data into whatever format you want in the program. Hope this helps

Siemens has a power meter "Sentron PAC3200" with an option of a Profibus DP communication that can send more than 10 variables: Volts, Amps, PF, Hz, Apparent, Active, Reactive power, Hours, Min and Max values etc.

Also take a look at SEL 2411. It's a small PLC designed for the power world and got A, V, sensing built in. The basic software is free.

We have just connected this PQube to one of our customers incomers, and I am very curious what will happen when we energize it after the summer holidays (where will the smoke come?). The box can measure "everything" and has a web interface. It could be worth a closer look::)

http://www.powerstandards.com/index.htm

Here are living PQubes on the web: http://map.pqube.com/

Check the file lists to see the trend curves.
icon12.gif

Kalle