Trouble with Downloading and Uploading Micrologix1500

Hi to all,

I am having trouble with our MicroLogix 1500 to download a working program. For some unkown reason, the laptop will communicate with the processor and go on line when I hit the who active go on line then click on the plc processor after Rslinx showes it. The lap top will not let me download or upload programs for some reason. I have made sure all my softwar and hardware matches. Any help would be greatly appreciated to help us get back up and running.

When you go online does it say anything about matching file? When you are online do you have your comments? If so then, while online, press the floppy symbol to save the current program. It may ask if the originally saved program was used with a different communication type (serial versus Ethernet for example). If you want to keep your current method of communication as the default type for this program then say ok.

It does not say anything about matching files. The problem is most the programs we have do not have any coments because most our programs have been uploaded and installed in other machines. It is just kinda strang that when I use the go on line button it does not communicate. The only way to go on line is using RsLinx by clicking on the processor icon then hiting ok in wich it goes on line. Is there someting I could be missing? Thank you very much for your time.

here's what i would do.
1. get rslinx running and communicating with the plc.
2. run logix 500 and open the program.
3. change the comms configuration to the rslinx device in step one.
chances are your offline comms driver is different than the current driver. see if that works.

i also do a who's active, find the plc, and then go on line.

regards,
james

Thank you all very much for your help. What I did , was click on Comms, then on the drop down menue ,clicked on System Comms then clicked on the processor that was showing connected to, then to the left clicked on the Download button. All worked correct in which it did say about matching files. Now all is working the way it shold where in can click on the download and upload buttons normaly. Not sure why I was not working before. I appreciate everyones help. Does anyone know wnat cause our soft ware to stop working the normal way?