Com Profibus Ver 3.3

Mark Buskell

In the past I have used Com Profibus 3.3 software for configuring the profibus network. I would configure the station and then export the 2BF file and then download it to a SST-PFB-SLC from SST Technologies using HyperTerminal. I had to go through this process a couple of days ago using an old 95 laptop, it worked fine.

My question is can someone point me in the right direction for using
Com Profibus on an XP operating system. I understand the latest software is 5.1. I have searched the Seimens websites for the software but cannot find a link to it. Is this still the best way to do it?

The version 3.3 will not install on XP.

Thanks

Mark

Ver 3.3

Update:
It took a lot of digging through old CD's but I finally found another install of Com Profibus ver 3.3. I think my first install was missing some files. It installed with no problem on Windows XP (SP1), I ran it through it paces, creating GSD files and binary files with no problem.
The software used to be free and available from the Siemens website but nowadays is no where to be found.

I did try the software from SST Technologies for configuring the SST-PFB-SLC and GSD files but I found it difficult to work with. I also have some encoders on the profibus where some are counting clockwise and others counter-clockwise. With the Com Profibus, there is a config table where you set the direction, the the SST software, it appears you would need to know the hex codes to set the directions.

Very soon I will have to configure a new system with a SLC505, an SST module, and the profibus will include WAGO cards, 4 encoders along with some type of output profibus cards.