how come #0010 hex become &22 whwn i converted it with BCD?

kartika

i'm confusing about an instruction in PLC, need your help, please..
i MOV(021) a data #0010 in hexadecimal then i stored it in memory D100
after that i'm using BCD(024)which is convert my data in D100 to D101, and finnaly i found the result is &22, anyone..would u please explain my how come the result from 10hex/ 16 in decimal become 22 in BCD?
thank you very much for the attention

untitled.JPG

Your Example appears to be an Omron PLC done in CXProgrammer. Is that correct? Which PLC Model are you using? Do you understand the significance of the # and & Symbols?

Stu....

A simple explanation is that the hexadecimal number(16)is 8 bits wide
when its converted to BCD it changes to two 4 bit wide numbers as BCD can only represent 0-9
therefore it converts the bit pattern to 0001 (1) 0110 (6) when this is viewed it is seen as 00010110 (22)

I hope this helps

Steve

There is a really good tool in Windows, particularly Windows 7, and that is the calculator. I often reckon it is the best and most useful part of Windows.
Open the calculator and change the view - if Windows 7 change to programmer view. There you can type in a number in hex and then change it to decimal, octal or binary. BCD is not represented but you cxan see the affect that conversion has on a number.
in the back of your Omron manual there is a chart that explains all with respect to these conversion.
May I also highly recommend a conversion program that is available on the Internet - it is Conversions.exe. It changes all manner of measurements for you from imeprial to metric and back again. Excellent program.
By the way, # is used in Omron for hex and BCD numbers and & for decimal numbers.

thanks for all ur help friends, its helpfull..
i'm using Omron CS1G-CPU45H, in CX programmer # its represent hexadecimal, and & represent decimal.