RS 5000 PID and Tasks

MATT116

Im using RS5000 V19 with a compactlogix 1769-L32E.
I have 4 PID loops each one controls a valve which in turn controls water flow through a R.O. unit. My question is should I put each PID in its own periodic task or put all 4 in 1 task? Should I only put the PID block in the task or include the associated logic? The associated logic for each PID is only 5 rungs with just simple XIO,XIC and OTE instructions.

Thanks
Matt

Put all four into the same task, the only reason to put them into separate tasks is if you want to trigger them at a different time interval.

I typically will only put the PID instruction in the periodic task logic, any supporting logic is placed elsewhere. In your case if you just have a few rungs of supporting logic, you can include it in this task too, really depends on how your "process" logic is structured.