Set DeviceNet device Parameter Via Logic?

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

Is it possible to set a devicenet Device Input or output assembly instance Parameter via logic from a CompactLogix CPU?

Scanner is a 1769-SDN. We are just wanting to set a single configuration Parameter via logic so we can dynamically select between 4-different Input/Output assembly instances of a device so 4 different configurations can be used. Each configuration has the same amount of data. ie. 16byte input and 4 byte output so the mapping in the scanner will be the same.

Thanks

I think (but am not certain) that the connection request from the Scanner to the Slave device does not specify the Assembly number: it just requests a connection type (Poll, COS, Cyclic, Strobe).

When the Slave device responds and includes details about the Connection, including the connection number and the timeout values, the Scanner queries the Slave for the Produced and Consumed sizes to check to be certain they are the ones it expects.

So it's up to the Slave device to decide which Assembly to use when it gets a Connection Request.

What exactly is the Slave device you are using ?