Specific Applications for Different Types of PLC

GeorgieB

G
Can anybody help? I am looking for an overview regarding the benefits and limitations of different types of PLC's for specific applications? I've had a look over the basics within the site but need a little more. Thanks.

Last edited:
Someone calling himself Daniel Stacy asked this same question recently. Check out this thread . The fact that both of you hail from Great Britain leads me to believe that both of you are enrolled in a HNC course. I'm glad to see that they have finally modified somre of the questions.

If I'm not mistaken, your HNC course material includes one or more published works dealing with the subject. These should be available at your institution's library. You could also purchase a copy for your own use. The answers to the basic questions can be found in these references. I suggest that you read them rather than asking someone else to do your homework for you.

If you are of the opinion that posting a question on an internet bulletin board is no different than reading a reference work, I offer this. First, learning is not simply a process where a person transfers facts from his/her mind to yours. If you expect to learn anything, you need to get yourself involved in the process. Parroting someone else's answers does not constitute involvement. Second, the mere fact that something is posted on the internet is no guarantee of its accuracy. The same can be said of any reference work, but a published source that has been subjected to both an editing process and peer review is much more likely to be accurate.

I don't mean to discourage you from participating here, but I hope that in the future you'll show some evidence of having put forth some effort on your part.