RSView32 DataLog Models

Bob O

Does anyone know if there is away to increase the number of datalog models in RSView32. You are only limited to 20. I am adding 15 machine to log data from. (which will exceed the models allowed with the current models running) The data will be logged at different intervals depending on when the cycle is completed so I was planning to use the datalogsnapshot to log the data for the respective machine. There are a number of individual events that make-up the cycle time which is what I am planning to log.

Thanks,
Bob O.

Uhhh... Ouch.

At that level, I'd start to seriously look into SQL server and RSSQL / Historian if you want to stick with a Rockwell software platform.

You are limited to 20 running datalog models. If your process timing permits, you can start and stop the various models as required to take the snapshots.

If you're logging the same data from each machine, how about using one model and adding an ID tag to each snapshot?

If I understand?

Creat an ID tag for each machine, log all data to data base when requested by a machine and then keep only the data associated with the machine that called for the datalogsnapshot and delete the rest?

Thanks,
Bob O.

What I had in mind was to transfer the machine data with ID to a buffer, then take a snapshot of the buffer.

You will, of course, need to guard against "collisions" in the buffer. i.e. ensure that one m/c's data is logged before another can xfer into the buffer.